So I realize it has been almost a month since my last post and honestly I was getting weary of hearing about it, which in a way was a compliment, meaning I must either be a world renown writer (ie modern day Shakespeare) or a good form of entertainment for all of you!
About a week ago Sophia and Ava were sitting at the bar painting (something we hide from the grandma's in the family who worry a little too much) when all of a sudden Sophia barely nudged Lily's tank with her hiney. What happened next was a catastrophe in the making...the tank cracked, the lid broke, water, rocks, plants, went everywhere, and Lily flew in the air like she had bounced from a tile trampoline. She landed in the sink. I couldn't see her between the milk and honeycombs as I pulled dishes from the filthy sink. At last there she was flopping and stunned all at the same time, but when I tried to rescue her she was too slick and she kept wiggling from my fingers...all I could hear was a high pitched voice crying over and over "I killed my fish!" My only thought was I have to get her out before she falls into the disposal (I hate digging things out of there!) Finally I lifted her limp body and set her in a temporary bowl of fresh water, I ran to Sophia's room and pulled her off of her bed and tear-soaked pillow to show her my valiant rescue. I was so happy I was able to save the day and bring hope to my distraught daughter. It was funny and terrible all at once. I later decided it is beneficial and actually healthy to have a sink full of dishes. I plan to make it happen more often for I never know when Lily might jump again!
2 comments:
It's about time!...I've been waiting to hear about Lily's adventure...very funny!!
When Kati was little, she had a goldfish (Gwyn gave it to us :) and it lived in a coolwhip bowl for months. I kept hoping it would go to that big fishbowl in the sky, but nope, it just wouldn't die. So one day, after cleaning fish poop out of the bowl for the zillionth time, I finally got sick of it and flushed the fish down the toilet. To this day, I think Fresno probably has a giant Killer Carp somewhere in their sewer system. You my dear, are a far better mommy than I.
Post a Comment